Duke Rentals offers in-house insurance on equipment if you do not have your own rented/leased equipment policy. If you find yourself renting construction equipment multiple times throughout the year, this can be a great option versus paying the industry standard fee. The Duke Rental Protection Plan (RPP) gives you the added protection you need to prepare for the unexpected. Our program provides peace of mind coverage for incidents beyond your control.
Example Damage Claim
Insurance is for worst-case scenarios. In the construction world, having equipment stolen is a worst-case scenario after injuries. For example, let’s say you rented a $65,000 Boom lift, and you show up on-site the next day, and the machine is gone. With the Duke Rental Equipment Protection Plan, your deductible would be $1,000, so you’d have to pay $1,000 for the stolen equipment. Without the RPP, you’re out of pockets cost would be $65,000. A massive savings of $64,000.
Note: RPP does not cover damage that is a result of intentional abuse.
How Much Does RPP Cost?
The cost for the Duke Rental Protection Plan is 14% of the rental cost. For example, if you have a boom lift with a rental cost of $600, the RPP fee is $84. The cost of the deductible for all equipment maxes out at $1,000.
What Does RPP Cover?
Our RPP covers pretty much everything that can go wrong that’s out of your control, including:
- Theft protection at the manufacturer’s list price
- Weather damage
- Rental liability – not rental charges on damaged equipment while it is being repaired
*RPP coverage is available for secure (fenced or security patrolled) job sites only.
What Does RPP Not Cover?
- Tire damage or cleanup costs (e.g., paint and concrete removal)
- Accidental damage caused by improper use
- Damage resulting from overloading/exceeding equipment’s rated capacities
- Damage from incorrect fuel being used or lack of proper lubrication as described in daily maintenance requirement
- Damage caused from customer transportation or lifting and hoisting
- Fire and smoke if caused by operator
*No coverage is available for boom lifts above 86ft. or reach forklifts 12,000 lbs. or larger.
*Theft and vandalism claims must be accompanied by a police report within 48 hours.
Need Rental Equipment for Your Next Construction Project?
Give us a call today, and we'll give you a free quote for the next piece of equipment you're thinking about renting.